Criss Cross Apple Sauce
I attended a 6 year old's birthday party last week, and it was the most girly party I've ever attended. There were boas and crowns and girly dresses and makeup application, upswept hairdo's and glitter. Lots and lots of glitter. We adults wanted to get in on the fun too, so here we are in lovely boas.

But then, I saw one of the little princesses wiping her snotty nose on her sleeve and I got grossed out by what she and thousands of other princesses possibly did to the boa/giant kleenex I was wearing, so I quickly took it off.
Now, I suppose that it's because I've not been in gradeschool in a very, very long time, but I was really confused when the party lady told the girls to sit Criss-cross Apple-sauce. What? Ohhh, you mean Indian Style! But of course, that's not PC. I learned so much on this trip. I've learned that six year olds are not so great on the ego. I was also reminded that they are much smarter than me. Just ask them. Here are some sample of the conversations:
Katie: I hope you don't break my bed.
Me: I won't, don't worry.
Katie: Well, you're awfully big.
Awesome!
Katie: (As we're playing school, and she is the teacher) What do the stars do at night?
Me: Sparkle?
Katie: No
Me: Shine?
Katie: Incorrect
Me: Twinkle?
Katie: Wrong. You get a zero.
Me: Well, what's the correct answer?
Katie: They brush their teeth.
Of course they do! What was I thinking?

Katie instructs her mom on how to properly pose for a picture.

Criss-Cross Apple-Sauce in action

Princess Katie - world's smartest 6 year old

Even the bathroom was girly.

5 Comments:
Loved the blog!!
Katie's grandmother, Jane
Glad you enjoyed it! I had a great time with Ilana, Katie & Ellie!
Duh. Stars always brush their teeth at night. Everyone knows THAT.
SEE.... I bet Cousin Becki won't break Katie's bed either! :)
Well, aren't you all smart? Almost as smart as a 6-year old.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home