Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm No Superwoman

We're heading up to Napa on Saturday. No, it won't be a weekend of wine tasting. I'll be running my first marathon. Last month, I was feeling so amazing, I thought, why stop at a marathon? What other amazing thing can I do? I know! I'll do a triathlon!

My week looked something like this:
Monday: Swim 30 to 45 minutes
Tuesday: Run 8 miles
Wednesday: Lunch - core workout / Evening - Swim 30 - 45 minutes
Thursday: Marathon training with the team, 2 hours at the track
Friday: Core workout (Pilates) or rest
Saturday: Swim one hour / Bike 6 - 8 miles
Sunday: Run 18 - 20 miles

I made it one month. I'll admit it. I'm exhausted. I hate being a quitter. But as my friend Steph pointed out, maybe I was "quitting" some other things I meant to work on. Like updating my resume and looking for a new job. Maybe I was putting that off by signing all possible free time away to another training.

And when I was debating whether to sign up for the tri in the first place, Ursa made me write a list of pros and cons, and a list of goals for the year. If I'd only actually referred to that list, I'd see that there were more cons that pros.

Yeah, it turns out that I can't do it all. At least, not all at once. And maybe that's okay. Maybe it means more time for blogging!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So excited for you! We'll be thinking about you on Sunday -- I know you'll do awesomely.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home