Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

And There It Is ...

Ah, the holidays. We celebrate twice, once with my family at "Nieces Christmas" and once with my in-laws. This year, Nieces Christmas was an extravaganza as usual. You know how you have that one relative that you cringe when they say things? Well, our family is no exception, only we've now made a game of it. As soon as he says the inappropriate remark of the event, we nieces look at one another and knowingly nod, "and there it is." I wish that I could recall all of the inappropriate comments, but here is the winner of the evening:

"My computer support company fired me! They refunded my money. The head China man there told me not to come back!"

And there it is. Head China man. Nice.

The best gift ever was from my friend Beth, who successfully passed along the ugly cheetah shirt. Becki, Beth and I have been passing along this ugly shirt for years. You should read Becki's blog to get the back story. See "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Shirt".

Ah, but look at what the clever Beth & Meri did this time:

If I didn't hate sourdough bread before, I now really have a reason to hate it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Portigal said...

Now did they say "China man" or "Chinaman" (pronounced china-min)???

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mir said...

Good point. It was definately Chinaman.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Whinger said...

Ahhh...first visit to Miss Mir's blog!

And the shirt in bread was all Meri's idea. I wanted to put it in a gourd, but had no weak tie-in for it.

11:43 AM  
Blogger BB said...

I liked when I got an ornament that was a whind chime and Alan said, "Hey! A Chimaman!"

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home