Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Flooring update, or lack of

There's really nothing to report. In the past two weeks I've met with the flooring rep. He can't find a match for the floor that was ripped up. Which is fine, since even though it looked pretty from a distance, it was all banged up. Turns out it was birch. Seems like a soft wood for flooring.

The next step was to rip up the rest of the floor and have it replaced with the same kind that is in the bedrooms (that we had installed in Feb. prior to moving in. It was white carpeting. We don't do carpeting - especially not white! We're messy people, we admit it.)

So, we learned that the exact match is on back order and won't be in production for an unknown amount of time. But, the flooring rep did find the same flooring but in a wider plank. I said "fine. let's just get this done."

Nope, nothing was done last week. Except to set up yet another appointment with yet another Insurance adjuster. Alan will meet with her on Monday, and she'll determine if all the cupped flooring that's remains is covered or not. I guess in the long run, it's a good thing, because our insurance may cover more than we thought. But at this point, it has been 8 weeks, and I just want to get our house back.

Then, I have to feel grateful that this is all that has happened. I can't imagine if we'd had serious damage (like a flood or fire) and it dragged out this long, or even longer, how horrible that would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home