Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas on Molokai

Okay, so I wasn't on Hawaii for Christmas. But this is my way of trying to see the bright side of things. We spent Christmas day with my in-laws. Now, my mother-in-law is a very kind, sweet person. As far as in-laws go, I am very lucky. However, she has her quirks. One of which is that she is a germ-o-phobe. Nothing wrong with that. Unless you are unfortunate enough to show up at her house with the sniffles. In which case, you will need to sit 20 feet away from everyone else, and sit in another room to eat your meals. You won't be checked on, or offered seconds, because the less time interacting with the disease ridden, the better. This year both my sister-in-law and I ate together, as we both has the sniffles. But, we might have different strains of illness, so we sat at opposite ends of the table from one another. I'm posting this as a reminder to myself, that next year if I have even a hint of a whisper of a sneeze approaching, I am staying home on Christmas, wrapping myself in a blanky, watching chickflicks and drinking eggnog and brandy until I really am ill.

1 Comments:

Blogger BB said...

Mmm..Holiday Quarantine. How special! Hope you're feeling better!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home