Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Oh Honey

I guess I started this catch phrase about four years ago, maybe even longer. When I would see someone wearing an outfit that was less than flattering, I would say to self, and those in close proximity to me, “Oh honey…”. As in, “Oh honey, I just want to wrap you in a trench coat, because I feel so bad that you left the house thinking it was okay to dress like that …” And believe me, I’m no factionista. So, it takes a lot for me to say this.

The “Oh Honey” evolved from a sympathetic exclamation to an adjective: “Check out that “Oh Honey” outfit over there.” And then, to a noun: “I saw an Oh Honey the other day at the mall.”

So here is how I know that my little catch phrase is really catching on. Last week at a baseball game I overheard my 60 year old Uncle (who is not at all hip) saying to his friend, “I saw this lady the other day wearing this Oh Honey outfit …”

Yes! I think I’m on my way to obscurity! You heard it from me first.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember those Size 20 denim short-shorts we spotted at Old Navy that one time? Those would have made a perfect "Oh Honey."

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mir said...

Oh yes, I think there are quite a few "Oh Honey's" to be found at Old Navy.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home