Cough, cough. Sneeze, sneeze.
The Christmas illness turned into a full blown flu. On the plus side (no pun intended) I lost 4 lbs in 3 days, so one New Year's resolution has been achieved. Neat! Because I am a giver, I went to work while sick, so that I could pass along my fabulous germs to as many people as possible. I figured that like me, they ate too much during the holidays and would appreciate my weight loss plan. On the negative side, you know how when you are really ill the mere thought of coffee turns your stomach? Yeah, well try working in a coffee shop when you feel like that. For two weeks I couldn't even stand the smell of coffee, so it's a good thing my nose was stuffed up most of the time. I went to barista class and had to sample coffee for 4 solid hours, and lie the entire time about how great the drinks were. Any other time, I would have been in heaven. You want me to sip lattes, mochas, and cappacinos all day? Okay! But try sipping coffee when you have the flu ... on second thought, don't. I think I'm on the mend though, as today I smelled coffee and it made me smile. :-) Yay!

1 Comments:
You must have been very sick to not want coffee. That's my litmus test for when I'm really sick because I ALWAYS want coffee.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home