Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Monday, July 31, 2006

Major Player

This is the conversation I overheard while walking out of the gym. The guy behind me was talking really loudly on his cell, so I think he must want me to mock him in my blog.

“Nah dude my family moved out so you can come by anytime. Yeah, she moved to a condo a couple of blocks from me. It’s stupid. I mean, we would have worked things out if she’d just stayed. The worst part is I miss my little girls. But yeah, she wants to go to couple’s counseling then move back in together in 6 months, then get married. I mean, I guess I can’t blame her. I’ve been stringing her along for 7 years. But I told her, 'I’m going to be a major player some day.'”

So, I have to subtly turn and get a look at this soon to be major player. Short, stocky, middle-aged, balding white guy. Yeah dude. Good luck with that.

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

wow that is special!

maybe he's going to be a major player in the impending Short Stocky Bald White Guy movement of 2007.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Mir said...

I totally forgot about that new player category. In fact, I think he already is a major player!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's only been seven years. She should hang in there a little longer.

I heart loud, public cell-phone calls. Reminds me of the time this dude at Borders was yelling "That's dead data! The data is dead!" into his phone. Thus proclaiming to the world that he was fixated on work at 8pm on a Friday. Cool.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home