You're not outbid yet, Ma'am
We put an offer on a house last week. If we get it, it will cut our commute in half - 45 minutes door to door, as opposed to the current hour and a half. And yes, that’s just one way. We spend 3 hours commuting every day.
It’s a long shot for us to get this house, so I don’t feel like it’s real. Even though the owners have accepted our offer, it’s a complicated deal, because the owner’s bank will make the final approval.
We didn’t even intend to start seriously house hunting until next year, so now we are scrambling to get all of the paperwork together for a loan approval. I happened to be driving in the neighborhood near my Aunt & Uncle’s place, and saw the open house sign, stopped in, and one thing led to another. It doesn’t look like much from the outside, but the inside is completely remodeled. (But needs a new roof) And, it’s an Eichler! Plus, it’s priced way below market value, so if we get it, it will be awesome. But, because it’s priced below market value, we just keep waiting to be outbid.
STRESS!!!!
Alan has been calling around to gather all of the info we need for the loan, and every single person he spoke with yesterday called him “Ma’am”. They refused to believe that he was a he, and therefore didn’t believe that he was an Alan, and therefore refused to give him the needed information. What is up with that? I don’t think Alan sounds like a woman at all … unless it’s a woman who has been smoking for 60 years. He said he tried making his voice really deep, but then he sounded like a robot.
If you talk to Alan on the phone, be sure to say, “I’m sorry ma’am, but would you please just put Alan on the phone?” I can’t stop laughing about it. M&I, I admit it!

2 Comments:
Eichler! Je suis jaloux!
That is awesome about the house, but I'm sorry, I just can't stop giggling about the whole Alan woman thing...LOL
Let us know about the house!!!!! We've got our fingers crossed!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home