Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Friday, December 08, 2006

Still waiting ...

I don't have bad news regarding the new house, yet I don't have good news. It's just ambiguous news. Because the sellers owe a substantial amount of money to the bank, the bank gets a say in if they like our offer or not.

On Monday the bank sent out their home appraiser to assess whether the house is priced at fair market value. We all know that it's priced way below, so we were pretty sure we'd be shot down. Wednesday we found out that the appraiser recommended our "case" to the bank. Now, the offer is in review with the Loan Review Committee. They need 48 hours to determine if our offer is acceptable. So, maybe today we'll find out ... maybe next Monday.

This morning an appraiser from our potential lender is coming to look at our house. I wonder how it will be to have someone around measuring and judging. I feel like I'll want to make excuses. "Oh, I we're going to put tile down in there, and fix up that window sill before we sell. etc. etc."

I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home