Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Analyze This

We were in Monterey for a bone chilling summer wedding on the coast last weekend. Because it was an evening wedding, we decided to stay in a cheap motel instead of driving the two hours home in the wee hours of the morning.

While flipping through the hard-bound "Things to do in Monterey" booklet, I came across many scribbled pages, as well as this lovely drawing. It's hard to see, but this was the Wineries tab.

Let's discuss. I say that mommy is pregnant, and only child Jr. is not pleased. This is how he thinks mommy feels. Plus, she's pretty depressed about only having one leg and one stumpy arm.

Alan's analysis is much simpler. Pregnant mommy is sad because she can't go to the wineries.

Any thoughts? I look forward to hearing your professional analysis.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A giant whale has just swallowed the state of California, has indigestion, and needs a little wine for his stomach's sake.

9:24 AM  
Blogger heather said...

i'm sorry but i think mommy just needs a little thorazine. then she won't care that she's missing half her body and has a baby on her shirt.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I thought mommy drew that, being upset about being pregnant AND having swallowed the phone's receiver thinking it was a hot dog.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mir said...

I LOVE all of your analysis! And I love that my writer friends are the ones to respond first. :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger gs said...

Grandma has heard a noise in the hotel room and is nervously peering around a corner, wondering if it's a burglar. Grandma sleeps in a tshirt featuring her favorite indie band, The Flame-Breathing Fetuses. Grandma is cool that way.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home