Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bathroom Etiquette

Most boys are messy, we can all agree on this. But I'm not going there. See JLo's blog for posts about messy boys.

Today, let's discuss what is up with women in corporate bathrooms? Where does the common courtesy go? And hygiene? When you drop a paper towel or piece of toilet paper on the ground, is it really that hard to pick it up? Sure, the bathroom floor is questionable, but you don't have to actually touch the floor to pick up what you dropped. Guess what? I don't enjoy having your toilet paper stuck to my shoe.

And hello! Even though I am in the stall, I can hear you leave without washing your hands. We have auto soap and water dispensers, so you don't even have to touch anything. The toilets auto flush too, but take a look before you exit, and ensure that nothing was left behind. It's okay to flush twice.

And lastly, I understand that you don't want to touch the door to open it. We know half the women don't wash their hands. I don't want to touch the door either. But when you use a paper towel to open the door, keep it in your hand and throw it in the trash at your desk. Don't just throw it on the bathroom floor. As my grandmother would say, "Where you raised in a barn?"

And even if you were raised in a barn, you should know better. Most barns I've been in are pretty darn tidy. Even the animals don't want to poop where they eat.

This post wasn't really aimed at the excellent ladies that ready my blog. I just needed to vent about the gross women that I am forced to share a bathroom with here are work. Thanks for listening

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I do the "grab the doorknob with your paper towel" maneuver. It's really creepy when you can hear someone leave without washing their hands. And if there are only 2 stalls -- and you can tell who was in there by the shoes they were wearing -- I mean, why risk being known around the office as "the non washer"??

And I appreciate the establishments that keep the trash can right near the door, for easy disposal.

But it's also massively uncomfortable for me when people talk on their phones in the loo.

2:01 PM  
Blogger heather said...

please don't speak for me. i plan to take all your points to heart, especially the bit about leaving tp on the floor. i'm so sorry. next time i'll bring a dust pan.

and yeah, gotta love the bathroom talkers! heard one last week making detailed changes for her wedding dress. pretty special, really.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish our bathrooms were half as fancy as yours.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Omigod, remember the seat sprayer? That woman showered the entire stall with pee and apparently never thought anyone else might need to use that unfortunate toilet. I shudder to think what her home must look like.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I just read this last night in the magazine and laughed - but sadly it proves how widespread a problem this is!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/bathroom-etiquette

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mir said...

Ha! I knew I couldn't be the only one annoyed by all of this! And yes, Jlo, the seat sprayer is alive and well. I think she drinks extra, just so she can mark her territory.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home