Good Service
I love the mechanics at my VW dealership. Sadly, I am there more than I like, but at least my car is still under warranty, for now. I took my car in last week and as usual, they were really nice to me. Before I tell you what I’m about to confess, I have to be clear about this. They have been really nice to me since day one. Since 2001 when I first started taking my car there.
Okay, so here is the confession. December 2004. My car has been at the dealership overnight, and I get a friend to drop me off to pick up my car. I’ll be driving directly from the dealership to San Francisco, where I’m picking up hubby, then attending a holiday luncheon, and after that, a holiday dinner. So, of course, I am all dolled up. I’m wearing a new top, which I’ve only worn once before. It’s a totally cute top, wait, I have a picture! (This is me and my friend Ursa in NYC, just a teeny bit inebriated, a month before the Christmas incident)

Anyway, it’s cute, no? And very Christmas party-ish, right? Okay, so you’ll notice no bra straps, because it has one of those built in bras. And the straps are adjustable. Maybe a little too adjustable.
My friend drops me off at the dealership, I go in, I pay, and then I go out and hand the paperwork to one of the mechanics, who for some reason avoids eye contact, but goes to retrieve my car. I’m all happy because my car is fixed and the work was under warranty so I didn’t have to pay. And I’m happy because I’m going to celebrate Christmas with my friends, and I’m happy because I’m having a good hair day and I’m all dressed up and I’m feeling cute. So, he pulls up with my car, and I turn and smile and wave to everyone and wish them a happy holiday, etc. and then get in my car to drive on my merry way.
It’s freezing in my car. Hmm. How odd. I look down, and under my jacket, my adjustable straps have fallen down past my shoulders, and my boobs are totally exposed. Oh my God. I have no idea if this just happened when I sat down, or was I parading around the dealership with the girls totally hanging out? Is that why the first mechanic avoided eye contact? Was my jacket covering everything up? Or not? And I TURNED AND WAVED to everyone! How did I not feel the air breezing through?
So that’s my confession. I may or may not have flashed all the guys in at the VW service center. Merry Christmas fellas! Thanks a lot for not warning me that my headlights were on!

2 Comments:
That's one way to get good service. I should try that at Honda, ala Jessica Simpson in the Boots are Made For Walkin' video.
I don't mean to be a whore. I guess it just comes naturally. 36-C's Activate!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home