Wanna see something gross?
A couple of weeks ago while waiting at the hair salon, I sat across from a brother and sister. She was probably around 8, and he was around 10 years old. While flipping through magazines, they played the old game, "Wanna see something gross?" where you show someone a picture and try to out-gross one another. He wasn't really phased by what his sister showed him. Of course, what's gross about a lady with a mohawk? Not much.
They were both grossed out by a bra ad. Clearly, he is only 10. Give him a few years. But here's what I loved overhearing the girl say: "Ew, look at this model! She's sooo skinny! Look at her ribs sticking out! That's soooo GROSS!"
I hope in a few years, she still finds that gross, and is still happy with her healthy body.
Labels: bras, self image

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home