Mir's Musings

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~ A.A. Milne

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Flesh Eating Virus

Or something like that.

For the last 6 weeks I’ve had some strange skin issues. It started out with hives on my hands. Okay, no biggie. Just a little stress. Then they started spreading. Up the arms, to the neck and face. Then to the legs and feet. Then, on Saturday, all over my butt! I visited my doctor (well, really, my nurse practitioner. I haven’t seen my Dr. in years.) NP Katie is very sweet, but wasn’t very helpful when I visited her a month ago. She gave me some lotion for my eczema, which seems to be getting worse as well. And when I suggested that the hives are from stress, she suggested therapy. Umm, okay. I was kind of hoping for some Xanax. I’ll admit, I was a bit stressed and menstrual when I saw her, and it could have been my breaking down into uncontrollable sobbing that caused her to suggest therapy. You think?

So let’s fast forward another 4 weeks to this morning. I’ve changed laundry detergents, I’ve stop using scented lotions & soap, I’ve taken all the steps you’re supposed to, and yet I’m still breaking out. And it’s not just a cosmetic thing … when the hives appear they itch and sting. I want to remove my skin and give it to that creep from “Silence of the Lambs”.

Monday, it was so bad that I made another appointment with NP Katie. Of course, I had no hives at all when I saw her this morning. I didn’t cry, and she didn’t bring up therapy. Instead, I’ll be on a combination of drugs for a month. No, not Xanax. *sigh* A girl can dream.

I’m thinking that I must have done something horribly wrong recently, and that this is some kind of karma / cosmic payback. I’d apologize, if I had any idea where to begin …

1 Comments:

Blogger wen said...

i recently had a really bad rash from mold exposure--esp if you've had other strange symptoms (nosebleeds, getting sick a lot, respiratory issues, headaches etc) you may want to look around and/or check out if you are being exposed to something icky...

good luck!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home