Belize!
Here are the Belize vacation pictures! What a great time! Every time I tell the story, it gets hotter and more humid. I think it was really 104 with a humidity level of 70%, but now it's up to 110, with 99% humidity. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
http://www.meanandinsensitive.com/phpslideshow.php?directory=Belize
We also have lots of video clips of us zip lining, but you'll have to wait for me to upload to YouTube. I highly recommend it! Even if you're afraid of heights, it's really great! Conquer your fears! They don't give you much instruction, (or any) so on the first rope I stopped in the middle and went backwards, and then had to haul myself hand over hand to the first platform. Oops. After that they gave me instructions. Turns out the hand brake doesn't slow you down, it just stops you. That would have been helpful info to know before jumping off the platform.
Some interesting things I learned about Belize:
They set random fires all over the place. By the side of the road, in a field, etc. I think they are burning trash and sugar cane fields. At first it's alarming - oh no what's burning?! Oh, right, it's just Belize.
There is a huge population of Menonites. And they aren't all goody-goody like in rural Pennsylvania. They grow mass crops of pot. And no, it's not legal in Belize either. And judging by the aroma while we were horse back riding near their farm land, they don't just grow it.
There are a lot of interesting Village names. My favorites: Jaguar's Paw, Ladyville, Teakettle, and Blackman Eddy.

2 Comments:
great shots! didn't realize you went to belize. hope your little crabby skin irritation was doing better by then!
Belize it or not, I'm on the zip line, I never thought I could feel so free- ee- ee... Zippin' away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Belize it or not, it's just me!
Come on. Stop rolling your eyes. Someone had to sing it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home